Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

The last time I saw Paul McCartney...


In late August of 1964 I went to Forest Hills Tennis Stadium with three girl-friends for a Real Live Beatles Concert.

We actually saw all four (4) Beatles! Of course, we didn't hear very much. We heard the first three notes of a song and then only screeching. It was one of the last (and maybe the only genuine) American-girl things I did as a teenager. (By the time Woodstock happened I was already safely in Israel.)



...only if you've been hibernating (hard to do in Israel) you might not know that Paul McCartney will be here, in Israel, in Tel Aviv, in the park on Thursday. Tens of thousands of folks are paying about NIS500 to stand (NIS1,500 to sit) in the park and see him perform.

It was a unique, once in a lifetime, experience.
Never to be repeated.
Ever.


4 comments:

Batya said...

Wow! I'm impressed. My post is nothing.

Rafi G. said...

so are you going? I saw in the paper today that a front row seat will cost you only 10,000NIS...

Risa Tzohar said...

Like I said seeing Paul McCartney...
...been there, done that!
(Plus, I can think of a few things I'd rather do with that many shekels if I had them, Rafi.)

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Ringo was Jewish and George Harrison Maybe (at least in 1964)?
Amerbro

Related Posts with Thumbnails