Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Beginnings*

A lot of water has flowed in the Jordan since the last time I wrote. That would give me an excuse to continue not writing, since there's no way I can make up for all the events I didn't post about. I am therefore faced with either giving up blogging altogether (continuing not to blog) or picking up and moving on.  I have chosen to move on, take the bull by the horns, get back in the saddle, batten down the hatches and full speed ahead and go at it once again.
*I would have written "New Beginnings" but David tells me that this is an oxymoron as all beginnings must be new and I don't like being called a moron, oxy or otherwise. 

Two major bits of news you may have missed if you are not my friend in real life or on FaceBook: 

The birth of Eitan Harari on 21 Iyyar 5772 in Sroka Hospital Be'er Sheva. Eytan is the long awaited brother of Tamar. He is named in honor of my father Abraham Rich. The connection is from the Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur service where we ask God to listen to pleas of our father Abraham - the first to advocate for God's mercy on sinners - to intercede for us with the Almighty. The words in Hebrew:  עוד יזכר לנו אהבת איתן אדוננו are translated (in my Birnbaum siddur) "O Lord, remember still the love of faithful Abraham". But in the Hebrew, Abraham is not named but instead called Eitan which can be translated as steadfast or strong or firm or sound or secure, you get the idea. It is, of course, our wish that our Eitan grow into the kind of man who will do justice to his namesakes, both my personal father and the father of our nation.


We moved to Jerusalem!


5 comments:

Batya said...

May Eitan and your move to Jerusalem both be a blessing!
Glad to have you back blogging.

miriam said...

Risa Shavua Tov. This is the first time I have seen your blog.It is beautiful. I'm going to be a regular now....

Simchas and nachas only from Eitan and Tamar....

You are truly blessed to live in our holy capital city..Yerushalayim...

Miriam
miriamswords.blogspot.com

David Tzohar said...

" Old beginnings" wouul be an oxymoron. "New beginnings" is simply redundant. But we get the idea. Actually I think that our move to JLM
is more the closing of a circle than a "new beginning" (see my post on Tzohar La-Teiva)

Anonymous said...

welcome back!
Amerbro

Anonymous said...

https://pokvision.yolasite.com/
https://pokvisinapp.tumblr.com/
https://penzu.com/p/3664c36f
https://pokvisinappios.livejournal.com
http://all4webs.com/pokvisinandrid/home.htm?60860=6489

Related Posts with Thumbnails