Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Adar!

On Sunday I celebrated the new month of Adar with my very good friend Batya at Tel Shilo in heart of the Shomron area. She had just put up her Haveil Havalim at her Me-ander and Shilo Musings blogs.

 Below is a video of an ancient synagogue found near the Tel. Shilo is the site where the Mishkan (Tabernacle) rested before the King Solomon built the Temple in Jerusalem.

It was a beautiful sunny day and I enjoyed walking with Batya in the clear pleasant surroundings. We sang Hallel together and then Batya took me back to her house where we hung out together and caught up with each other's news. She served me some of her famous vegetable soup which really hit the spot!

2 comments:

Batya said...

Risa, your visit made Rosh chodesh a true holiday for me. Thanks for coming!!!

I love your ever-changing banners.

Lady-Light said...

That is so nice! May I join you (when we get to Israel)...?

Related Posts with Thumbnails